Equal Sports Project’s mission is to provide high quality natural clothing for on and off the field. We source natural and recycled fabric to create the most functional, technical, and comfortable pieces.
The Fabric We Use: Tencel™ by Lenzing
Equal Sports Project proudly features products that are made primarily with Tencel™, a sustainable grown and mindfully harvested Lyocell fiber harvested from eucalyptus trees.
We always seek out sustainable and natural alternatives to synthetic fabrics that are better for the planet.
- Tencel™ is produced on a "closed-loop system," in which "99% of the chemicals and solvents used in the process to break down the wood pulp are recovered and recycled with minimal waste and very low emissions.
- Tencel™ uses less land and water than cotton production. It requires 20 times less water and uses no harmful chemicals and pesticides.
- Tencel™ is biodegradable, it will decompose naturally in soil when it’s disposed
- Tencel™ is hypoallergenic, odor-resistant, itch-free, and silky soft too. If you have sensitive skin or allergies, it's an excellent option for you.
- Tencel™’s manufacturing process was awarded the “European Award for the Environment” by the European Union. The fabric carries the Oeko Tex 100 certification, an international standard developed in 1992 to certify that it contains no harmful substances. Tencel also has been awarded the European Community Eco-label flower for products and services with reduced environmental impacts.