Youth Tournament Rules and Guidelines
ROSTER AND ELIGIBILITY
Tournaments hosted by Equal Sports Project is an Unrestricted Tournament, so any team is welcome to participate.
Once registered, coaches or club managers must submit their final team roster 48 hours prior to the start of any event. Once submitted, changes cannot be made. Each team must have the tournament medical release form for each player rostered at registration and have all parents/guardians sign.
Those who are not on the roster or refuse to sign the tournament medical release form will not be eligible to participate, no exception.
The Small Sided Age Groups will follow the rules and guidelines below as mandated by US Soccer Federation.
Build Out Line:
- When the goalkeeper has the ball:
- In their hand from the opponent or
- For a goal kick,
- The opposing team must move behind the build out line until the ball is put into play.
- If the goal keeper is playing the ball with their feet, they are considered a field player and the build out line does not come into play.
- Once the opposing team is behind the build out line, the goalkeeper can pass, throw or roll the ball into play (punting/drop kicks are not allowed).
- If a goalkeeper punts the ball, an indirect free kick should be awarded to the opposing team and taken on the penalty area line parallel to the goal line at the nearest point to where the infringement occurred.
- After the ball is put into play by the goalkeeper, the opposing team can cross the build out line and play resumes as normal.
FIFA RULES APPLY, UNLESS LISTED DIFFERENTLY IN TOURNAMENT RULES.
In the event of a tie at the end of regulation time, there will be no overtime or shoot-outs, and the match will end in a tie. In a, playoff, semi-final or championship game, up to two 5 minute overtime periods may be played and golden goal will apply, meaning the first team to score wins. If neither team scores during the two overtime periods and the game remains tied, a penalty kick shoot-out shall take place according to FIFA guidelines.
Age Group/Playing Times (minutes)/Number of Players/Ball Size:
- U8/15 minutes/5v5/Size 3
- U9/15 minutes/5v5 or 7v7/Size 4
- U10/15 minutes/5v5 or 7v7/Size 4
- U11/15 minutes/9v9/Size 4
- U12/15 minutes/9v9/Size 4
- U13-U19/15 minutes/11v11/Size 5
- 14U/15 minutes/11v11/Size 5
*No additional time will be added to matches except for finals and then only at the discretion of the referee.
Unlimited substitutions may be made with referee’s approval only. Substitution requests may be given at these times:
- Before a goal kick
- Before a throw-in for possessing team
- After a goal
- At halftime
- After an injury (one for one)
- Shin guards are mandatory and must be covered by socks.
- No cleats are allowed (turf shoes or sneakers only)
- Hard cast are not permitted. Soft cast will only be allowed upon approval of referee.
Scores will be reported and filled out by Match Referee or Organizing Committee as soon as possible after completion of the game.
Win = 3 pts. Tie = 1 pt. Loss = 0 pt.
- Head to Head (skip if more than two teams are tied)
Net score- Goals scored less goals allowed (max. 4 per game)
3. Least goals against
4. Most goals scored (max. 4 per game)
5. Penalty kicks. 5 per team, alternating. If tied after 5 each, 1 per team will be selected until the tie is broken.
(The penalty shooters will be the players on the field at the end of the game).
6. All Division winners are set, and then the wildcard process takes place.
7. The Selection of a Wild Card Team, if required, shall be determined by:
a. Non-group winner with the most total points.
b. Non group winner with the most wins.
c. Winner of the game, if applicable, played between the tied teams.
d. Goal differential limit 4
e. Fewest total goals allowed. Penalty kicks. If both teams advance, the tournament committee will decide the opponents at the next level of play.
g. Wildcard teams may be changed if the two teams played each other in preliminary rounds.
h. (PLACEMENT OF THE WILD CARD TEAMS IS AT THE DISCRETION OF THE TOURNAMENT COMMITTEE)
- If three teams are tied in a division and all tie breakers have been met:
- There will be a 3 team round robin of penalty kicks
- Ex: A vs B, B vs C and C vs A
- 5 kicks per team per matchup until winners are decided(Golden goal penalty kicks until a team wins)
- There will be a 3 team round robin of penalty kicks
- If still tied after round one. Repeat the round robin of penalty kicks for round two with 3 kicks per team (Golden goal penalty kicks until a team wins)
OVERTIME (Only during semi-finals or final matches)
- Two 5 min overtime periods (golden goal). Switch halves after first 5 minute period
- Penalty kick elimination: When semi-final and final matches are still tied after overtime the FIFA laws of the game for Penalty Kicks apply. Only players on the field at the end of the second overtime period are eligible for penalty kicks. Coin flip will determine who goes first (visiting team calls). Only five penalty kickers per team are allowed. The team with the most goals scored after five kicks will win the game. If the score remains tied, teams will alternate shooters until there is an unmatched goal between the teams. After all eligible players on the field of play have taken kicks; teams will start with their first kickers again and in the same order. * The Tournament Committee reserves the right to shorten or eliminate overtime periods in order to keep games on time.
REFEREES DECISIONS ARE FINAL NO PROTESTS NO APPEALS.
Any player, coach, assistant coach or manager receiving a red card will not be permitted to participate in the remainder of the game and the following game. Suspension from additional games will be contingent upon a review of the violation after receipt of the referee report. A second red card results in suspension from the remainder of the tournament.
If a forfeit is determined, the winning team will be awarded a score of 1-0 and will receive only 3 points for the win. In the event of a forfeit of all games for a team in a group, all teams in the group will be awarded the same points and a 1-0 score for their game against the team that forfeited. No team that has forfeited a game(s) will be declared a group or division winner.
All U8, U9 and U10 age groups will receive participation awards.
U11 through U19 age groups will receive champion and finalist individual awards and team trophies.
The tournament committee and/or director have the right to stop games due to weather. Games interrupted in the first half:
Will continue if time permits, if time does not permit, a 0-0 tie will be awarded
Games interrupted after the completion of the first half:
Will continue if time permits, If time does not permit, the score of the game will stand.
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES OR CONDITIONS BEYOND CONTROL, EQUAL SPORTS PROJECT WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY REFUNDS.
Injuries and Medical Support: first aid kit will be available on site, and will be notified as required by the field marshal. Any player who is found to be bleeding or to have blood on his/her uniform shall be asked to leave the field. The player may return only after demonstrating to the referee that the bleeding has stopped and that all blood has been removed from the uniform.
Any disagreement which cannot be resolved by the listed rules will be settled by the Tournament Committee. All NYC Park rules must be obeyed while on premises. VIOLATORS WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE.