League Rules and Guidelines
ROSTER AND ELIGIBILITY
All players must be over the age of 18 and must sign a liability release waiver prior to any form of participation in any Community Soccer League games.
Each team must have a minimum of eight (8) players and can have up to twelve (12) players registered. For Co-Ed, all teams must have at least two (2) female players on their roster.
Full team roster must be submitted by team captain to email@example.com 48 hours before league start date. (Subject line: Community Soccer League | *Season* | *Team Name*). Roster details must include the following for each player:
- Player's Full Name
- Player's DOB
- Player's Email and
- Player's Preferred Jersey/Shirt Size
If any non-roster substitutes are made during the season, team or player will be responsible for $35/game/player. Non-roster substitutes are prohibited for playoffs and championship finals.
All games will be played in accordance with the Laws of the Game issued by the USSF and is available for viewing at http://www.ussoccer.com/Referees/Laws-of-the-Game.aspx. All rules apply with a few exceptions:
5v5 Indoor Soccer
- Two 25 minute halves per game
- Four (4) field players + one (1) goalie must be on the field per team
- For Co-Ed, a minimum of one (1) female is required on the field at all times. If a team does not have the required amount of female players, they must play a player down.
- Unlimited number of substitutions are allowed, but only on a dead ball. Referee must be notified.
- If the ball touches the ceiling nets, it's an indirect free kick
- If the ball hits the net behind the goal, it's either a goal kick or a corner
- If the ball touches the side nets, the ball will restart from the sideline
- No slide-tackling
- No direct shooting from kick off (at least one pass mandatory)
- Goalie cannot pick up the ball with his hands if passed back from a teammate
- Goalie is allowed to throw the ball passed the half way line, but cannot punt or drop kick at any time
- One yellow card: player will have to sit out for 2 minutes and no one can replace the player for 2 minutes
- One red card or two yellow cards from : player will be suspended for the rest of the match and the following match.
LEAGUE SCHEDULES AND STANDING
League points will be appointed as follows:
Win = 3 points
Draw = 1 point
Loss = 0 points
In the event of a tie, the following tie breakers will be used:
- League goal differential
- League total goals scored
- League Points in head to head competition in games between tied teams
- Goal differential in head to head competition in games between tied teams
- Goals Scored in head to head competition in games between tied teams
The top four (4) teams will advance to Playoffs.
UNIFORMS AND EQUIPMENT
- All field players must wear their League Jersey to avoid penalty. Player's not wearing their assigned Jersey will be required to sit out for 2 minutes.
- All players must wear shin guards
- All players must wear soccer appropriate footwear to play. No metal or steel cleats or spikes are allowed.
- Size 5 Soccer Ball will be provided for game play.
FAILURE TO SHOW AND FORFEITS
There will be no grace time allowed for teams not at the field of play at the scheduled time of kick-off. The opponent shall be awarded a 5-0 win for the match.
We highly recommend teams to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the start of your scheduled game.
Players and spectators are expected to conduct themselves within the spirit and laws of the game. Players or spectators ejected from a game by the referee will be required to leave the field area. Severe misconduct that is abusive, harassing, insulting, or offensive will result in disqualification from the remainder of the league.
If you know in advance that your team is going to forfeit a game, you MUST contact us 24 hours prior to the start of the game to firstname.lastname@example.org